Dear Together SA CAN family We have received a few queries about our communications recently and I thought it would be beneficial to release an update across the platform on this. Our communications are based primarily around digital platforms. Not only has this proven to be the most effective form of sharing information and updates
Dear Together SA CAN family
We have received a few queries about our communications recently and I thought it would be beneficial to release an update across the platform on this.
Our communications are based primarily around digital platforms. Not only has this proven to be the most effective form of sharing information and updates quickly, but also has it come as somewhat of a necessity. As we move ahead with platform development to ensure the best possible solutions and support for our members, for those in need of Anything! Anytime! Anywhere! support, and for the victims of violent crime in South Africa, and particularly during this new reality that we all face, we have felt that this is the most effective and safe solution for us all.
One of the most important things to remember about our communication to you, is that you have the right to choose to receive it. As such, all of our news and updates are focused on an ‘opt in’ approach where you need to elect to receive it. There are several platforms for you to do this on which we will list below.
Naturally, we need as many people on the communications channels as possible to help us to help others. Remember that we hope that you never have to use our services for yourself, but rather that you can actively help others for Anything! Anytime! Anywhere!
In 2019 and 2020 Together SA CAN (NPO) and TrackBox Technologies responded to 56 146 incidents, 40% of which related to criminal incidents, 15% to medical incidents and 15% to poaching incidents. Over that period, we assisted with in excess of 1 000 breakdowns and tows, and 2 000 motor vehicle accidents.
Our collaboration partners in conjunction with SAPS have facilitated, amongst other things:
- 2788 arrests and identified 159 suspects
- Recovery of 58 missing persons
- Recovery of 965 vehicles (since Jan 2019) and over R838m of goods
- 592 firearms recovered
- Suspicious vehicle reads from our ANPR network of 28 169, from 4 million daily license plate reads
The Specialised Victim Support (SVS) initiative has assisted with 110+ violent crimes, with a success rate of over 70% (vs national averages of 0,3%).
This makes up our 18 years of dreaming, passion and working with you, our members, and this is your funds summed up into tangible results.
We are very passionate about all of the organisations that we collaborate with, primarily NGOs, and their gifts, talents, skills and dreams that are being carried out on the front lines. There are so many unsung heroes, and so we work closely with them to bring them encouragement, strength and assist with powering service delivery through the use of our platform and extensive network, which includes you.
We send out updates on a daily basis. Our casebook updates, which are notifications of live cases as they happen, are sent out on our AAA Response app and are based on a location radius so that you will only receive those updates in your vicinity. Our Dispatcher Files, which are a recollection of events provided after the incident by our dispatchers are shared across platforms and a notification of these are sent out on our Telegram group. We also share press releases, missing persons, testimonials, Specialised Victim Support case updates, Tech updates and other general information from time to time across platforms.
If you would like to receive instant updates on all released communications in the palm of your hands, you can follow us on Telegram by clicking here: https://t.me/BriansPD.
How you can follow or visit our communications channels:
- Download the AAA Response App here: http://onelink.to/dzabud
- On the AAA-Response App, tap your button to access over 450+ case types and over 100 organisations in the palm of your hands.
- Casebook automatically notifies you with live updates on cases in your vicinity.
- Telegram – Brian’s Passionate Desk: https://t.me/BriansPD
- Receive instant updates on all released communications in the palm of your hands
- If you do not have Telegram, download it here: https://apps.apple.com/app/telegram-messenger/id686449807 (iOS)
- Brian’s Passionate Desk Website: https://bpd.trackbox.world/
- Dispatcher Files
- Press Releases
- General Updates
- AAA Response App landing page website: https://use.trackbox.world/
- Learn more about the AAA Response App
- You can also get a refresher on getting set up, how to use the app and your MyVault profile here: https://use.trackbox.world/setup/
- If you need help getting set up, complete this form: https://use.trackbox.world/need-help-getting-set-up/
- Social Media:
- Specialised Victim Support website: https://togethersacan.org.za/
- The SVS platform aims to support victims of violent crime with their cases, and takes into account the various crucial needs when dealing with the process of priority crimes. It is designed to support the complete lifespan of a priority case from the time of the incident until finalisation of the case, including the initial 72-hour response plan, operational support, victim support and communications. It tracks and supports all role-players from the time of the incident to the integration of the prisoner/s back into society – a period generally spanning some 25 to 30 years.
- You can view the current live cases that we are working on here: https://togethersacan.org.za/cases/
- If you would like to be updated specifically when we share news on these cases, you can follow our SVS Telegram Channel here: https://t.me/SpecialisedVictimSupport
- Contact us:
- You can complete our simple contact form and we will contact you back: https://use.trackbox.world/need-help-getting-set-up/
- You can email us at Admin@TrackBox.World or Accounts@TrackBox.World
- You can call us directly at 08616-23646
- If you have an emergency, you can activate your AAA Response app, or contact us on 08616-87225
- Digital User Guides: